Meet the Fall 2018-Spring 2019 Honors Peer Advisers
Click HERE for contact information and to find your Peer Adviser.
Honors Peer Advisers help guide and support students with common questions and challenges related to completing requirements for the University Honors Program: courses, seminars, program of study, honors project, etc.
Interested in becoming a Peer Adviser? Click HERE to apply.
Who should apply to become an Honors Peer Adviser?
- 3rd or 4th year Honors students in good standing
- Students looking to gain advising and leadership experience
- Students who enjoy helping others and are interested in working with current Honors students
What do Peer Advisers do?
*volunteer time commitment of an estimated 10-15 hours per semester
- Peer Advisers attend team meetings throughout the school year
- Peer Advisers will be assigned a group of upper division Honors students from their college (and from a related discipline as possible) with the objectives of supporting students in completing Honors requirements and building connections amongst Honors students with similar academic interests
- Peer Advisers are tasked with the following:
- Attending your college’s Honors orientation to introduce yourself to the group
- Sharing your email address and/or create a discussion board where students can connect with you (and each other) to ask any Honors-related questions
- Attending various Honors events related to upper division requirements, deadlines, networking, etc.
- Communicating with your group about upcoming deadlines and provide support/advice about completing Honors requirements
- Maintaining regular contact with Honors staff about any questions/concerns
Questions? Contact email@example.com.